I just finished reading this (one sitting) and I’m honestly in emotional pain. I bought it for the touted horror aspect of it and it was both less and more of that.
Not your typical creepy crawly nerve pincher, but instead slow psychological incline towards a very realistic and terrifying storyline and ultimate end that you flat out do not want to see happen. Disturbing might be an understatement.
Extremely well done, uncomfortably memorable, and heartbreaking.
That said, I recommend it. It’s been a while since I’ve been moved like this and I find it personally inspiring. I hope to see more from Auerbach.
- anniexvx likes this
- enchanteddeerboy likes this
- quiet-eyes likes this
- wakinguptheghost likes this
- indieliving likes this
- aintserious reblogged this from mermaidinamanhole and added:
- neco-muerte likes this
- kawaiifxxkingdesu likes this
- somethinglessstupid said:I want to know what happens but I don’t want to read it because I don’t like crying like a huge baby
- peonae likes this
- jhfkkghcjcft5e56 likes this
- abbacuus likes this
- mermaidinamanhole posted this